Tuesday 20 September 2011

Free Deer head cross stitch pattern

Well I've finished my cross stitch pattern design and even finished the actual cross stitch!
I'm very happy with the results. It's been a while since I've done any cross stitch but I really enjoyed it. Successful cross stitch I think is all down to your ability to count and a little bit of map reading thrown in. I used approximately 16 count Aida (it was a bit I had left over) with one skillet of black floss split into three pieces of cotton at a time as the Aida weave was very fine. The finished deer's head measures 16cm.
I started my design work using an old envelope which had a very useful grid pattern on the inside. However it was very small (can you spot my mistakes!) so I made a digital copy of the pattern which you can download and use for free here. Please note this pattern is for personal use only. 
Here I have already hung up my cross stitch in my hallway. Now I have to decide what to have a go at designing next.

2 comments:

miss amy t said...

can you fix the link to the download for the pattern. im dying to try it

duckdowndesigns said...

Problem should be sorted now, let me know how you get on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...